Many people facing issues when they shift Windows PCs to Apple Mac. One of the major asking question or issue for new Apple OS Users, Is How to screenshot on mac? or How to take a screenshot on mac?
Everyone knows that Apple Mac is far different from the Other Windows PC Brands. In Windows PC’s there are many Apps available in built-in or you can download them from the store for taking the Screenshot.
Well, it’s pretty hard to take a screenshot on Apple Mac. Because there’s no app like Windows PC’s Snipping tool. But there are 3 keys to take a screenshot on Apple Mac.
It is a combination of 3 buttons. Press SHIFT then press COMMAND and then press 3 to take a screenshot on Mac. You Need to Press all 3 buttons at the same time.
- To take a screenshot, press and hold these 3 keys mutually: Shift, Command, and 3.
- When you see a thumbnail in the Right corner, click it to edit the screenshot. Or wait for the screenshot to save to your desktop.
Where to find screenshots
By default, screenshots save to your desktop with the name ”Screen Shot [date] at [time].png.”
In macOS Mojave or next, you can change the default location of saved screenshots from the Settings of the Screenshot app. You can also drag the image by clicking on the thumbnail and then drag it to a folder or document.
Capture a specific Portion
- Press and hold these 3 keys together: Shift, Command, and 4.
- Drag the crosshair to select the area of the screen to capture. To move the selection, press and hold the Space bar while dragging. To cancel taking the screenshot, press the Esc (Escape) key.
- To take the screenshot, release your mouse or trackpad button.
- If you see a thumbnail in the corner of your screen, click it to edit the screenshot. Or wait for the screenshot to save to your desktop.